Mindjammer Press and Modiphius Entertainment are delighted to announce the release of the acclaimed Monsters & Magic roleplaying game, available now in a brand new print edition (including a complementary PDF!) for just £19.99 on DriveThruRPG.com.
“Honestly, this looks set to become one of my new favourite games. I give it a 5 of 5 for Substance.” — RPG.net review
Created by Sarah Newton, author of the ENnie award-winning Mindjammer roleplaying game, Monsters & Magic features old school fantasy with new school play, letting you play your beloved old 1st edition modules and campaigns using this modern rules set with an old school vibe—with little or no conversion!
Combining the atmosphere of classic fantasy games with modern RPG mechanics, Monsters & Magic lets you use old school fantasy gaming material with little or no conversion with a new and innovative set of rules. Battle giants, defeat dragons, explore deadly dungeons and mysterious wilderlands—and bring your favourite adventures, supplements, spellbooks, and bestiaries to brilliant new life!
Monsters & Magic features:
• the Effect Engine, a modular open-license rules system
• action-packed adventure from 1st to 20th level and beyond
• rules for castles, kingdoms, guilds, and warships
• Silvermoon, an introductory adventure for levels 1-4
• new rules for alignment, hazards, encounters, treasures, epic and mythic gaming, and more!
• 140 pages, black & white interior.
Dust off your spell book, polish that suit of +1 plate armour, and unsheathe your vorpal blade. Adventure awaits!
Monsters & Magic is a complete fantasy roleplaying game—you need nothing else to play. However, please note that while Monsters & Magic is a standalone game, featuring rules which can take you to 20th level and beyond, it’s also specifically designed to work with your favourite classic fantasy bestiaries and spell books. As such, it contains 1st and 2nd level spells and just over 20 sample monsters—enough to cater for your first 4 or so levels of play. Although the rules can take you much further, you’ll want to use your own classic bestiaries or spellbooks for higher level characters, or any of those available for free online!
Keep an eye out for our other Monsters & Magic products now in development, including:
• All Under Heaven — Oriental Monsters & Magic (coming soon!)
• The Heroic Companion — Hero Scale Adventures for Monsters & Magic.
• The Horror of Haugling Hall — a Monsters & Magic adventure for levels 1-4.
We hope you’ll take the chance to enjoy this brand new printed version of this classic fantasy roleplaying game and look out for more great Monsters & Magic titles appearing soon!